Monday, May 21, 2012

A Call for Help

I surrendered Briseis to Agamemnon, after all there was nothing I could really do. I went off to seashore and called to my mother.She emerged from the sea and listened to my problems feeling very sympathetic for me. Thetis promised me she would ask Zeus to compensate me for the horrible humiliation. Zeus agreed to help my mother so that I would have glory and honor before dying in the Trojan War. After all he once had feelings for her and he was also afraid to upset his wife, Hera. In a way I wanted lots of revenge, after all I had done for Agamemnon this wasn't what I had in mind. I wanted him to suffer just as much as he made me suffer or even more. I was the undefeateable warrior Achilles who was unstoppable and almighty but Agamemnon hit my weakness by taking her away. Now it might be hard for you mortals to understand but taking someone's woman was a huge deal at this time, remember this was the reason for the whole Trojan War.

No comments:

Post a Comment