Monday, May 21, 2012

During the War..

During this time I captured twenty-three towns, I did most of the work in that so call the Trojan war. It all started with Helen ran away from her husband, Menelaos, to be with Prince Paris. All of Helen's past suitors fought for commitment to her father, who made all the men promise to aid his daughter if she was ever taken from her husband. I was never a suitor, my true reasons were passion and glory. King Agamemnon, my leader, promised fame and riches if we were to conquer Troy and I always hoped he was going to live up to his word. Unfortunately, a seer noticed a blood-red snake eating nine baby sparrows and the mother. This is suppose to symbolize the weakening of the Trojans for nine years but our victory on the tenth year. Though this seer was very knowledgeable, deep inside I wanted to believe it was going to be sooner. I did everything to please Agamemnon, I even went along with the fake marriage in order to appease the goddess Artemis. I thought I deserved the world but little did I know what was really going to happen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment