Monday, May 21, 2012

The Round-About Way of Help

I remember one of the many obstacles we had to face was finding the city of Troy, to be precise we weren't so sure of its exact location and the best way to get there was to find a guide. In one of the many battles I fought there happened to be a kind named Telephus. As all of you know I wounded many people during the Trojan War and miserably he was one them. Telephus visited the oracle of Delphi that said "he that wounded shall heal," which meant I had to be the one to heal it. At first he threatened to kill Agamemnon's son if I weren't to heal his wound, this filled me with rage and I refused also knowing that he wouldn't harm Orestes. But finally  we came to an agreement I would cure Telephus' wound and as the oracle demanded he would return the favor by leading us to the city of Troy. Luckily one of the many teachings I received from the dearest Cherion was the art of healing and it greatly helped in such occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment