Monday, May 21, 2012

Time for a Little Revenge!

Patroklos's ghost came to me and asked me for several favors. He also warned me that my death was soon to come, as I tried to say goodbye to my friend with a simple hug he vanished like vapor. I had an amazing funeral prepared for him and I even conducted a series of games in honor of him. But after the games I collapsed into much grief and hatred. All I knew back then was Hector had killed Patroklos therefore Hector must die. I had no armor to fight with but my mother Thetis could help me with that. Hephaistos owned her a favor from a very long time resulting of him returning the favor by fabricating an astonishing armor made out of bronze and tin. I was ready to kill so many Trojans in order to calm the hatred inside of me. I fought Hector till death and desecrated the body, dragging it behind my chariot before the walls of Troy. I refused to allow it to obtain funeral rites since according to me he deserved none. Until Hector's father who was also the king of Troy begged on his knees for his son's body. This brought me to tears and made me realize the true harm of my actions. I ordered for the body to be cleaned and given to Priam for him to bury properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment