Monday, May 21, 2012

My Refusal to Return

Without me fighting on their side the Achaeans started losing the war terribly. The Trojans had pushed them back to the ditch they had once dug and were trying to set fire to all their ships, which meant depleting. So many of the best Achaen warriors were wounded such as Menelaos and Odysseus, this made Agamemnon realize he needed me back. He sent many gifts, like land, gold and a wife, with Odysseus, Phoenix, Telamonian and Nestor. None of this made me want to go back, Agamemnon's troubles and all the deaths and wounds of Achaeans didn't bother be whatsoever. I was so selfish and thoughtless back then, sometimes I wish I could take it all back and do it once again. But my definite decision of never fighting again was quickly changed when I found out Patroklos was killed while wearing my armor. At that moment my argument with Agamemnon didn't matter anymore but he still felt the need to shower me with gold and horse, not so much to appease me but to ease his killing conscience which tormented him after all the pain he put me through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment