Monday, May 21, 2012

Suddenly my Fury was Released

Agamemnon only looked after himself, he hardly ever thought about others. This was clearly shown when he decided to return Chryses's daughter and replacing her as a slave with my dearest Briseis in order to compensate his loss. This made me extremely furious since she was all I ever had to help me through war and the only person who could bring my anger to complete ease. I rose to my feet and called Agamemnon a coward, pitiful king and things I have come to forget over time. As I let my rage consume me Athena stood invisibly beside me attempting to sooth my hysterical anger. Athena insisted to contain my madness by telling me it was the will of Hera and herself. I was so inflamed that I could barely fulfill their wishes; I had never been good at containing my anger and this was the hardest time of all. I told Agamemnon he was going to have to fight without me and my soldiers. Finally, I regained composure and sat down.

No comments:

Post a Comment