Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Decision Which Changed my Life

When I was a small boy, the seer Calchas prophesied that the city of Troy would not be able to be taken without my help. My mother knew that if I were to go to Troy I would die very young so she sent me to the court of Lycomedes; in Sicros, there I was hidden and disguised as girl. While I was at Lycomedes I had an unimportant affair with his daughter, Deidameia, who bear Pyrrhus, my child. Unfortunately my disguised was revealed by Odysseus, who noticed me admire the swords and shields unlike any normal maiden. Then I finally had to choose the course of my life: I could either refuse my calling for the city of Troy, inherit my father's kingdom and be forgotten or I could go to Troy and be killed but a also be remembered forever as a hero. Of course I wanted fame so I went to Troy with Odysseus and my best friend, Patroclus, leading fifty ships, each carrying fifty Myrmidons from my father's kingdom. At Troy, I became a very distinguished warrior, the best of the best in Agamemno's army!

No comments:

Post a Comment