Monday, May 21, 2012

My Dear Friend's Death

Now I will explain why Patroklos death stroke me with such despair. I had given permission for him to fight on my place wearing my armor and riding my horses, I was basically the reason why now he laid on the ground dead! I didn't think much of it at the beginning since he was such a great warrior and the purpose was to make Trojans believe it was me and make them retreat. Also, it would help the Achaeans regain their courage by tricking them into thinking I was back in battle. But the plan didn't work anymore when the Trojans got closer and realized it wasn't me after all. Poor Patroklos confronted one of Zeus's sons, Sarpedon and killed him. Zeus had allowed his son's death but then led Patroklos on a deadly path straight to Hector. Apollon slammed my poor friend on the back and loosened his armor. Hector gave the final blow. He then took the armor off Patroklos body and with Zeus help put it on for all to see. Then all Trojans and Achaeans fought for Patroklos body, what a humiliation. I wasn't aware of these events and when I was knowledgeable I thought was too late to save his body. But goddess Iris helped me give everyone conscience of my presence by screaming on the top of my lungs. The third terrifying scream made the Trojans retreat and I was able to collect Patroklos's body  from the battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment