Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Beginning

Greetings my beloved mortals,

I am writing from mount Olympus, in order to explain the amazing but violent journey as an undefeatable warrior. I was born to Peleus, the King of Myrmidons, and Thetis, a Nymph. My mother was given to my father to marry only because Prometheus, the fore-thinker, had a prophecy that she would bear a son greater than his father. Obviously no god wanted to deal with such insult so, Zeus and Poseidon, who were once interested, made her wed Peleus, a mortal. My father tried to be good to us but he was very ignorant of the ways of the immortals. My delirious mother attempted to make me an immortal when I was very little, by anointing me with ambrosia and placing me upon a fire in order to burn away the mortal portions of me. This enraged Peleus who threw her out of the house and mother left to live back in the sea without telling father the small detail that fire had made me immortal. He then placed me in the care of  Centaur Chiron, who raised and educated me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment