Monday, May 21, 2012

The Tenth Year of War

We came under attack from the god Apollon. I remember those nine days clearly when Apollon would stand offshore and unleash arrow after arrow into our camp. We all assumed it was going to stop but it didn't, so I called an assembly in order to find out the reason why Apollon was so angry at us.Calchas knew the reason but he was very fearful to speak out since he thought Agamemnon would be very severe on him. I promised him that there would be no harm directed towards him if he spoke only the truth, as I said this I glared at Agamemnon to emphasize the meaning of such promise. Then Calchas explained that Apollon was wrathful since Agamemnon had treated Crhyses, Apollon's priest, very badly. I soon came to find out that Chryses's daughter had been taken as a slave by Agamemnon and Chryses had begged for her but instead of returning her Agamemnon threatened to kill Chryses if he ever came again. Now, Apollon was on the Trojan's side so this had been enough for him to explode of fury. I knew this had to be fixed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment